Some of our posts might include affiliate links. These are completely free to you and help support the running of this site.
Last Update: November 18th, 2019
We all know how hard sometimes is to pick the best gifts for kids under 7.
The offer is infinite, our time is not, and it’s tough to know and find the games and toys that are the best for this age.
To help you out, based on Piaget’s Stages of Cognitive Development, we researched a lot and curated a list of the best gifts for kids under 7, and over two.
This list can be useful to help you find the right gift for a birthday, for a Christmas gift, or for any other special event.
The bottom line is: imagine you could have Piaget himself handpicking the best gifts for kids under 7.
This was our goal and this is what the list below is all about!
Gift Ideas for Kids Under 7 (and over 2)
(1) Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Magical Oven: this is actually something a 2-year-old and a 6-year-old will find fun to play with. The only difference is the younger ones should play with an adult nearby. But it’s very creative and it’s common to hear kids playing with this and telling stories about all the friends that came for lunch. The Burger Barbecue is also great.
(2) Play-Doh Doctor Drill’n Fill Retro Pack: such a great idea to give to a kid that will soon make the first visit to a dentist. It will help understand so many things by actually doing the teeth, brushing the teeth. It’s a great educational and practical gift.
(3) Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Railway Train Set: this normally ends being a gift for the entire family. A puzzle for parents and endless hours of play for the kids. In this version, you have the table to make sure the room remains clean and in order. It’s way more expensive, but it is so great!
(5) Lego Duplo My First Number Train: It’s hard to forget the drama when we lost track of the number 8 piece. Our oldest boy played a lot with it and it sure helped him understand and memorize the numbers. Ideal for younger toddlers.
(6) AnanBros Air Dry Modeling Magic Clay: Very creative set. It actually has a board game in it where you can have your kids building their own board piece and it comes with a lot of amazing ideas. It will get your kids very busy for some time.
(7) Magnetic Power Magic World: A magnetic creative puzzle where your kids will be able to create whatever they wish and where each day they can create something new. As adults, we admit we have played with this when our kids are sleeping. Let’s keep this information between us, ok?
(8) Lakeshore Alpha-Bots: Love this idea. Each letter of the alphabet transforms into a robot and it transforms back to a letter. “Robot A is transforming to go meet Robot D…”. It’s a very cool way to learn the letters and telling stories with them. For instance, we gave each robot a name starting with their own letter. We have “Robot Yogurt”, for example.
This is it.
Of course, there are a million more games and toys that could fit in this stage.
But the important thing is to be aware of the right stimulus our kids should have in this specific development stage, and pick the best gifts to promote their development.
We will try to update this list every now and then so it might be a good option to bookmark this page for future reference.
If you know a great gift that fits this stage please let us know in the comment box below and we will add it in here.
Our kids will thank us for the amazing gifts they’ll get!
If you want to check the gifts for other ages, follow the links below:
Just like we teach our kids to ask what they want, I’ll ask you to take a second to share “Best Gifts for Kids Under 7 (and over 2)” with your audience. They respect great content.